Genomic medicine is increasingly being integrated into routine healthcare decision-making.
MyGeneTeam allows healthcare providers to incorporate professional genetic services into their practice by offering comprehensive genetic counseling services to meet your needs.
Patients are provided with easy access to genetic specialists who will educate and support them. Appointments are flexible, including evening and weekend hours, across many time zones, via phone or secure videoconferencing.
Healthcare providers and staff gain partnership with skilled genetic counselors who will keep them informed and assist with the coordination of genetic testing.
All genetic counselors are experienced, board-certified/eligible and licensed per state laws where applicable.
How to refer:
- Complete the MyGeneTeam referral form
- Provide your patient with scheduling information, including appropriate access code for the required sub-specialty
- Return the form to us via fax (201-605-6582) or email (email@example.com)
What to expect
- Your patient will be counseled by phone or secure videoconferencing in a timely manner
- A concise yet thorough consultation summary, including a personalized plan and recommendations for your patient, will be sent within 24-48 hours of the appointment
- MyGeneTeam genetic counselors will be available to you, your staff and your patients for follow up as needed
Clinical genetic counseling services include:
- Risk assessment via thorough review of medical and family history information
- Discussion of the benefits and limitations of various genetic testing options
- Coordination of genetic testing, including assistance with test requisitions, insurance criteria forms and specimen collection
- Explanation of genetic test results to patients and their families
- Patient education and psychosocial support
- Translation services as needed